"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, May 16, 2011

College Park Ward Christmas Dinner

2 days after we got home was our Ward Christmas dinner. My parents were in charge of it and planned on having Melissa Rydjeski sing "Mary's Lullaby" to a couple dressed as the Holy Family with a babydoll. Since we had a REAL baby a week before, they asked us to do it. Since the word "NO" is not in my vocabulary we did it. We stayed in the "Mothers Lounge" until we went on stage, then went home right after since the baby is so little and I didn't want her around all the germs. (yes, I am truely a new mom!) But while we were there Azlin got to meet her cousins for the first time. Here is baby Azlin with her cousins. (L-R: Kaitlyn, Peyton, Azlin & Meghan)

Here we are as the Holy Family.


As Melissa sang, I couldn't contain my tears. Here I am holding my newborn baby, thinking about Mary, Joseph & Jesus. I felt a deep connection Mary that night as I rocked my baby to thoses precious lyrics...and my Testimony of her love for our Savior grew like never before.


Photobucket

No comments:

Followers

About Us

Costa Mesa, California
We were Sealed in the Newport Beach Temple on Oct.11,2008. This blog is meant to keep family & friends updated on our lives...AS NEWLYWEDS!