"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

RS Fireside

Brother Jones came over to our house tonight for a Relief Society Fireside, and it was INCREDIBLE!! We learned so much from him. He is truely a knowledgable man of God. He brought over not just 1, but 2 ORIGINAL BOOK OF MORMONS. He also had a bible from the same year. He had them in a special case & everything! We even got to hold them. Just holding them & knowing what they've been thru and where they came from made my Testimony grow like a WEED!! I am SO greatful for Joseph Smith and his worthiness/truthfulness in writting my favorite book....The book that defines me, the book I could read over & over again and learn something new every time...The book my faith is built upon, the book I believe in and finally the book I charish above all. I am also thankful for the Temple to teach me (us) more everytime we go. I love my Faith, there is ALWAYS something new to learn. In these books he brought, there was no verses, only chapters. It was very interesting to compair mine to that one and how far it has come in production. When Bro. Jones was giving his "talk" it was like listening to the Prophet speak, you couldn't NOT pay attention. Thank you CM2 RS for such an enriching evening to help build my testimony!This is 1 Book of Mormon & The Holy Bible...The foundation & "building blocks" of our Faith.
This is The 1st page of The Book of Mormon, as you can see on the other side was a hand written note from the original owner in like 1830.
Here is Andrew & I holding the OLDEST copy Bro. Jones had. It was AMAZING!
Sis.Call, Mom, Sis.Webster & Bro.Jones talking about The Book of Mormon.
And finally, my FAVORITE part of the evening....He had Elvis Presley's Book of Mormon. Thats right, Elvis had one! Here is one of MANY notations from his book....Read the scripture, then his notation....I LOVE IT! (be jealous Kimberly...I HELD IT!!!)
A HUGE thank you to Brother Jones for a WONDERFUL evening filled with inspiration, storys, faith, and knowledge...THANK YOU!!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Followers

About Us

Costa Mesa, California
We were Sealed in the Newport Beach Temple on Oct.11,2008. This blog is meant to keep family & friends updated on our lives...AS NEWLYWEDS!